Saturday, April 21, 2018

Take a Walk in Our Shoes Poetry Contest Day 21


Today sparked a poetry surprise. One of my students chose to write their poem in a form of a conversation. This began a rich discussion on the different forms of poetry. Love that this challenge is  allowing my students to take risks with their writing.


Teeny Tiny Shoes
by Mariela Torres-Steele

Shoes: Hi down here!
           You might not see me,
           but I'm blue.
           No?
           Then LOOK DOWN ALREADY?
           Oh, ok now you see me.
Jack:   Yes, I see you.
           Are my sister's doll shoes?
Shoes: Yes, Jack.
           Can you not see how small I am?
           Certainly, a 10-year girl would not fit in me.
Jack:    Well, true but...
            I think she grew out of dolls.

Tiny
by Darlene Daley

Tiny feet,
tiny hands,
immersed in play.
Tiny laughs,
tiny giggles.
all through the day.
Tiny movements,
tiny friends,
lots of creative play
with their BIG imaginations.


No comments:

Post a Comment