Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Take a Walk in Our Shoes Poetry Challenge Day 4


Today's poem by a pair of my second graders really makes you wonder what it's like to be a pair of shoes in your own closet.


Waiting
by Izzy Sheppard and Mac Stoyles

Waiting in the closet,
in the corner till you pick me.
Get me out of here already,
use your feet.

Everything is so ugly,
everything that is, but for me.
I am so perfect,
prettier than everyone else,
but nobody notices me.
My star makes me famous.
So pick me!

There is nothing worse than this!
Waiting is so horrible.

1 comment:

  1. My Shoes
    By Karla B. Santoro

    Rules are everywhere.
    Even what I am to wear.
    But there are no rules
    about my shoes.
    NO rules
    about my shoes.
    Shirts tucked in,
    not unfurled.
    But my shoes
    they can be
    out of this world.
    The zippered jeans
    I’d gladly swap,
    but my shoes
    can be over the top.
    The rest of the outfit
    just isn’t me,
    but my shoes,
    my shoes
    they set me free.

    ReplyDelete