Monday, April 23, 2018

Take a Walk in Our Shoes Poetry Challenge Day 23


Today was a day full of voice in our poems, from "Rumble with pride," "King of the court," and "Rocking the road to glory." These shoes inspired my young writers to stretch their word choice and grow as writers!


The Bright Shoes
by Zane Jermyn and Sebastian Retan

Zooming across the court.
My friends notice my shoes.
My friends think they are bright,
bright like the sun.
My shoes are out of this world.
That is why
these shoes are my favorite. 

The Big Game
by Mac Stoyles

Eek, eek basketball.
Fall down, get back up, be brave.
Conquer the huge court.

Crazy Colored Shoes
by Caroline Oster and Aubree Walton

I have a big game.
I have no good shoes.
I want crazy colors
I want high tops too.
I go to the basement
I find these new shoes.
They were a perfect fit
so I go to the game
and my shoes were a hit.

Out of This World
by Oliver Hawkins and Ammon Simpson

Gliding on the street
On my way to victory
Lots of people staring
Down the street

Minding my own business
Awesomely zooming to victory
Stop me, no way
Try to catch me
Entering the finish line
Rumble with pride

Basketball
By Caleb Gurger and Lily Collins

Ballin all day
Amazing shot
Swish, 3 pointer
King of the court
Easy crossover
Try for one
Bless Steph Curry
Objective - never give up
Laughing in the locker room
Learning it all.
This is basketball.

Starring Shoes 
by Izzy Sheppard and Mariela Torres-Steele

Starring shoes
Toe-to-toe with the trail
Athletic stars on the sides
Rocking the road to glory
Racing the shoes, then you lose
I will win
Noone can stop me
Greatness is mine

Shame on the slowpokes
Heroic wins everytime
Oh, that trophy is mine
End of the road, I win. Finish!
Shoes, you helped me out!



No comments:

Post a Comment