Monday, April 2, 2018

Take a Walk in Our Shoes Poetry Challenge Day 2

Today's poem is inspired by this gorgeous pair of heels. Several of my students created a poem for this picture. I love how they focused on the rhythm of this poem, as well as writing from the shoe's perspective. 


Miss Sparkes
by Mariela Torres-Steele, Tess Moore, and Eva Jackson
Mrs. Daley's Second Grade Students

I finally met my match.
He is handsome.
He is tall.
I love him 
to my sole.
On the inside,
he is made of velvet.
We're getting married
in a meadow.
No flower girl at all.
Though our owner is very tall,
her groom is not at all.
Hear the music,
time to go.
Nice and slow
we walk on down the aisle.
Heading toward the groom,
happy as can be.

6 comments:

  1. "to my sole" - Love!
    I do imagine that shoes would love getting married in a meadow.
    This is such a fun challenge to follow! I am now going to think of my own shoes differently! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem! Great job, girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is another poem based on the same picture.

    Heels
    By Karla B. Santoro

    She comes inside to grab
    peanut butter and jelly
    to eat on the run.
    Heads back out when a pair of silver heels
    in the hallway
    catches her eye.

    "How does one walk in these?"
    she whispers in wonderment as she picks up a shoe,
    turns it around,
    pokes the skinny post that elevates the heel,
    so far up from the toe.
    The angle, it defies logic.
    She sets it down again, shaking her head.

    Her barn boots feel like home when she slips them on
    appreciatively,
    and heads back outside,
    dripping jam as she goes.

    ReplyDelete