Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Take a Walk in Our Shoes Poetry Challenge Day 25


Today we read a brand new book called Dude by Aaron Reynolds. The story is told in one word. We discussed the power of words. Words that can hold more than one meaning. Words that speak directly to your heart and chose to focus on this for our poems today. Two of my students also played around with structure. One student chose to write their poem as multiple haikus and one partner group chose to smoosh the acrostic form with haiku, which they dubbed acrosticu. We hope you enjoy!


One Wonderful Pair of Shoes
by Mason Michaelsen

Tropical shoes and rainbows,
Coconuts and palm trees,
Turquoise season,
all in one shoe.

Sailing
by Mac Stoyles

Sailing Part 1
Aww, I just woke up!
I went down for coffee, when...
I see the sail shoes.

Sailing Part 2
I leave my caffeine
I dash with excitement to
the dock where I sail.

Sailing Part 3
After a good sail
I have those shoes on my mind,
their rainbow colors.

Happy Slippers
by Tess Moore and Mariela Torres-Steele

Fantastic slippers
Undeniably comfy
Numerous colors

My New Shoes
by Kayleigh Behun

Sun's out
feeling happy
feel the heat
from the sun's rays.
Putting on
my new cozy shoes.
They are bright
like a rainbow
in the sky.
I am awake
and ready to conquer the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment