Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Take a Walk in Our Shoes Poetry Challenge Day 10


Our venture with poetry and our shoe project today had me marveling at my students. It is so interesting that we are all looking at the same picture, yet see it so differently. Sharing our poems led to great conversations about how we interpret the world around us and how our personalities guide our thinking. So today instead of sharing one poem, I choose two. Each one has a very different view of these shoes.


Shoes of Wood
by Izzy Sheppard and Tess Moore

Shoes of wood
How flat and magical
One pointy and bright
Elegant shoes
Sunlight lit

Oh so gorgeous
Fancy and fabulous

We're glad we have two pair
Oh how musical, when they rap-tap-tap
Obviously, we love them.
Don't you love them too?


Wrong Shoes
by Caroline Oster and Aischa Foster

I bought some new shoes.
They are yellow and bright.
There's some orange in there too.
They are wooden and nice.
They were on my front porch.
I put them on.
I took them right off.
I knew they were wrong.



1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to read the different perspectives. I remember Izzy always loved to put questions in her writing pieces. Love that.

    ReplyDelete