Thursday, April 5, 2018

Take a Walk in Our Shoes Poetry Challenge Day 5


It's day five of our poetry challenge! Today's picture sparked lots of conversation in my second-grade classroom because students were debating which point of view should the poem be written from. Finally, a group of students decided on the Ugg, because that was the shoe that drew their attention the most and they thought it has a story to tell. Their poem shows off their creativity, as the Ugg is having a conversation with the reader explaining his life.


Fallen
by Caleb Gurger, Mason Michaelsen, Zane Jermyn and Aischa Foster

Hi! I'm the fallen Ugg.
There's a reason why
I am down here
with punctured lungs and fractured bones.
Look up there,
that's my cousin
and he's a bully.
He is the reason 
I am down here.
Hear that squealing
that's my friend Converse
getting smashed.
I thought to myself,
"Would you rather be down here
with these stupid bones and lungs?"
Because I rather be up there
getting smashed by my cousin.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Your students' poem make me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choices
    Karla B. Santoro

    So many choices to
    put on our feet.
    There’s flashing sneakers--
    and ones with cleats.
    Boots and sandals,
    High tops are neat.
    And ones called flats
    for being discreet.
    Must consider the weather,
    the snow or the heat.
    Making a choice
    can be quite a feat.
    But today I think
    I’ll go with barefeet.

    ReplyDelete