Sunday, April 8, 2018

Take a Walk in Our Shoes Poetry Challenge Day 8


Today's poems proved to be a challenge for me. I had many different ideas, but none of them felt quite right. I can't wait to share my notebook page with my students so that they can see my writing process in action and know that even as adults you can struggle with making your idea come to fruition. 


Steppin' Out
by Darlene Daley

Where do you think we'll go today?
                 Somewhere outside so we can play.
Well hurry up and tie those laces.
                 I'm ready to go and explore new places.
Our first step is to get out this door.
                 I hope we head off to a distant shore.
Maybe we'll head off into the woods for a hike.
                 Or we can see the neighborhood from the pedals of our bike.
Maybe we'll find a puddle to jump in.
                 Or run in a race - we're sure to win.
There are so many things that we can do.
                 Nothing can stop us - we are incredible shoes!     

No comments:

Post a Comment