Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Take a Walk in Our Shoes Poetry Challenge Day 17


Today's photo inspired me to play with repeating lines in a poetry as I wrote a mentor poem for my class. Some students chose to try their hand at repeating lines, others continued their work with descriptive language and comparisons.


Hard Working Boots
by Darlene Daley

Tromp through the yard
to the garden gate.
Sun's waking up
so I am not late.
My hard-working boots and I.

Dig in the dirt.
Pulling out weeds.
Planting new veggies
which my family needs.
My hard-working boots and I.

Off to the barn
where the chickens lay.
Gotta collect eggs
and put down new hay.
My hard-working boots and I.

Truck to the cows
and into the field
to check on the corn
that will be their next meal.
My hard-working boots and I.

To the horse stalls
is the next place I go.
Scooping up manure
nice and slow.
My hard-working boots and I.

Day's finally done.
I head home to rest.
I realize that my boots
are simply the best.
They might be covered
in mud, grime, or dirt;
but there is never a job
that these boots will skirt.
My hard-working boots and I.

Muddy Boots
by Caroline Oster and Aischa Foster

Walking in the muddy grass
in my new black boots
stepping in the watery puddles
on a rainy day.
My muddy boots and me.

Walking in my nice red barn
to get some milk for me.
I squeeze some milk
from my fat cow
and bring back to my house.
My muddy boots and me.

I go back home.
I take them off.
I put them on the porch.
The next day I put them
and do it all again.
My muddy boots and me.

Dark Night Boots
by Sebastian Retan and Billy Talley

My boots are torn,
worn, and old.
I've had them
for ten years.
My boots have good grip
and are as dark as night.
These boots are my favorite.

Animals
by Ryleigh Frarey

Always working
Need these shoes to take care of my animals so they stay healthy.
In the farm, you'll find me,
Making a big mess.
After the long day, I rest.
Lay down on the couch to relax.
Super time - finally, I am starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment