Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Tasty Poetry Challenge Day 3

Day 3 let us explore one of my favorite sweet treats - ICE CREAM SUNDAES! Today we read Ode to a Commode Concrete Poems by Brian Cleary to inspire us. Students marveled at how words created images, then saw how the illustrator (Andy Rowland) displayed what they were visualizing on the page. My second-grade poets were hooked. Many chose to write ice cream sundae concrete poems, and they loved sharing them with each other. Several of my other students are still playing with the idea of how a few simple words can convey an idea. I love watching their thinking grow as we explore all sorts of different kinds of poems. We hope you enjoy these sweet poems.


Ice Cream Sundaes
by Aiden Idea


Ice Cream Sundaes
by Libby Hanagan

Sweet
yummy
gooey
tasty
gummy
bears
are
chewy
snow-white
full of candy
I eat a cherry
soft
and sweet
sprinkles
glare
I hear fun
and ice cream's
here!

Sundaes Smiles
by Mrs. Daley



No comments:

Post a Comment